Abstract submission is now closed
ISPPD aims to foster
innovation in the scientific field. In doing so, the Symposium will provide
platforms for the presentation of your research. Original contributions by
clinicians and researchers with an interest in pneumococci and pneumococcal diseases are welcome.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Abstracts must be submitted via the ISPPD-10 website: http://www.isppd2016.kenes.com/.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Only abstracts of presenting authors who have registered and paid will be included in the final programme.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official Symposium publications.
- Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to the ISPPD-10.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The Scientific Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted as a poster, oral poster presentation, or as an oral plenary presentation.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author׳s contact details
- Author and co-authors׳ affiliation details. Author(s) names appear in upper and lower case (e.g. J.C. Smith).
- Abstract title – limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words, including acknowledgements. (Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are included.) We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
- Background and aims
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
- A maximum of three Tables/Figures may be included per abstract:
- Tables may contain up to 10 rows x 10 columns. The text entered in tables will count towards the total word count.
- Graphs and images –The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. Each graphs and image counts as 25 words. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs and images in JPEG format only. Please note that graphs and images may be resized to fit in the final printed material.
- After you submit your abstract, you can re-enter the submission link at any time to view and edit your abstract until the deadline date. Submitted abstracts cannot be modified or corrected after the submission deadline. To edit your abstract, please click 'Edit' next to your abstract on the 'Abstract Overview' section at the bottom of this page.
LATE BREAKING ABSTRACTS
ISPPD-10 will offer a Late Breaker abstract submission. Late-breaking abstracts should contain new information that was not yet known or fully available by the original abstract submission deadline (15 February 2016). The data in the abstract must not be published prior to the meeting.
The late-breaking abstract deadline is not an extension of the abstract submission deadline.